I had the ingredients on hand to make the Hazelnut Chip ice cream; I put everything but the chips into a 2 quart measuring cup and whisked it, then poured it into my ice cream maker. After twenty minutes, I poured in the chocolate chips and ran it for five more minutes.
1 pint of Half & Half
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons of Hazelnut Syrup (used to flavor lattes) - I used Torani
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
Because it's been almost two years since I've enjoyed ice cream, we finished the entire batch in one sitting! I didn't freeze it afterwards - the ice cream was like soft serve. I'm thinking of adding a small package of chopped Ferrero Rocher candies to it, or making a Nutella sauce next time.
I'm very pleased neither of us missed the eggs, because I know I'd make less ice cream in the future if I always had to cook custard first.
Here's some flavors we're wanting to try next:
- Key Lime with broken Graham crackers (DH)
- Pumpkin with broken gingersnaps or candied pecans and maple sauce
- Ginger with chai-granola
- Maple Caramel Swirl with apple-raisin sauce and cinnamon croutons
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream
- Dark chocolate with bananas and strawberries
- Chocolate with Andes candies (DH)
- Not sure it'll work, but I'm going to try soaking a few Celestial Seasonings Bengal Tea bags in the Half and Half overnight, then swirl in marmalade and chopped orange candies in the last 5 minutes.