Montreal Balsamic Turtle bean dip

I love bean dips because they help keep my digestive system "young", and they came in very handy after hubby's teeth were pulled a few years ago. Hubby got tired of hummus because that's the only bean dip I served him for a while (I served other kinds of non-bean dips though).

While taking care of my parents during and after my mother's surgery - limited pantry, and very little access to the internet - I came up with a new dip for black beans that tastes different enough to please my hubby:

Montreal Balsamic Turtle Bean Dip
1 can black beans rinsed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
Olive oil to personal preference
water if needed to blend, but I put in just enough olive oil to blend in, pulsing and stirring a LOT
I don't think it needed salt

Hubby agreed with me that adding 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sauteed onions might be nice the next time I make my new black bean dip. I'm also going to sprinkle about 1 tsp dried parsley to offset the mucky color. Fresh parsley would be nice of course, but I always have dried parsley stocked in the pantry.

1 comment:

Kids and Canning Jars said...

Thank you for your comments. I am super excited to try out our Kendle. I picked up the cell phones for the two older's today. I am super excited to check out the website you referred. Thank you. P.S. you should post more often...tee hee