Homemade flavorful tea

I stopped drinking Diet Coke a few years ago, and switched to Lime Koolaid, but I didn't like that I had to put so much sugar in it to make it drinkable. So I tried tea, but it wasn't as good as the more expensive flavored tea sold at the stores. But over time, I managed to come up with a easy way to copy the flavored teas for much less money, and my tea system even gives me variety.

I buy family-sized ice tea bags; I use Luizianne tea, but your favorite tea would do just as well. I also buy Celestial Seasonings Fruit Tea Sampler, and use one family-sized iced tea bag along with one Celestial Seasonings Fruit Tea Sampler bag for a 2 quart pitcher. There's five different flavors; my favorite is the Cranberry Apple Zinger.

I add 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar, but that will vary depending on your taste.

Once I've brewed a batch, I pour more boiling water over the wet tea bags, and make up a 1 quart batch with 3/4 tablespoons of sugar

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love this post - thanks for the great tea recipe.

I also wanted to say thanks for the great suggestion on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to comment.